Work for us
Programme Officer (Equally Safe at Work)
Closing date: October 10, 2021 at 12:00
Anticipated week of interview: 8th November 2021
We’re looking for an enthusiastic person to work on the expansion of Equally Safe at Work, Close the Gap’s employer accreditation programme, in Scotland’s local government sector. Committed to women’s labour market equality, you’ll be working closely with Equally Safe at Work colleagues to influence change and supporting councils to develop gender-sensitive employment practice and gain accreditation. You’ll also be developing materials, writing reports, delivering events and building relationships with stakeholders.
Hours: 34 hours per week
Pension: 10% employer contribution
Location: 166 Buchanan Street, Glasgow, G1 2LW (homeworking while Covid-19 restrictions are in place)
Responsible to: Programme Manager
The post is fixed term, funded until 30 September 2023, with potential extension depending on funding.
Close the Gap values diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from all sections of the community. Flexible working options are available for this role.
To deliver the expansion of Close the Gap’s employer accreditation programme Equally Safe at Work in Scotland’s local government, building on the successful pilot. Equally
Safe at Work enables employers to develop improved gender-sensitive
employment practice to advance gender equality at work and prevent
violence against women.
- Work with local government employers to deliver an expansion of Equally Safe at Work with six local authorities and provide advice and guidance to support employers to gain accreditation.
- Support an advisory group of stakeholders from national organisations who will be providing advice and guidance on the pilot and deliver progress updates to the group.
- Design and deliver opportunities to share learning between employers.
- Build and maintain relationships with local government employers and stakeholders, violence against women organisations, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver appropriate scoping, engagement and dissemination events, suitable for policymakers, stakeholders, and employers.
- Produce reports that are appropriate to the advisory group, policymakers, stakeholders, and employers.
- Develop and disseminate Equally Safe at Work publications and promotional materials.
- Support data gathering to inform monitoring and evaluation.
- Work closely with Close the Gap colleagues, contributing to work that will advance women’s labour market equality.
- Carry out any other duties required by the Executive Director commensurate with the post.
- Good understanding of women’s inequality in Scotland’s labour market.
- A gendered analysis of violence against women and girls.
- Knowledge of public sector employment practice in Scotland.
- Effective written communication skills including the ability to write reports and materials for publication for a range of audiences.
- Sound verbal communication skills including delivering presentations, and the ability to deal competently with people at all levels.
- Experience of building and managing relationships with a wide range of partners.
- Experience of influencing stakeholders to enable change.
- Ability to use judgement and discretion when addressing a variety of problems and/or scenarios.
- Excellent organising and analytical skills.
- Ability to plan, manage and prioritise workload while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to self-motivate and work effectively as part of a small team.
- Commitment to women’s labour market equality.
- Experience of developing and delivering training.
- Experience of working to influence employers and/or delivering an employer accreditation programme.
- Knowledge of Scotland’s violence against women sector, and Equally Safe, Scotland’s violence against women and girls strategy.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 10 October 2021.
You will be notified by Monday 1 November 2021 if you have been selected for interview.
It is anticipated that the interviews will take place remotely during the week commencing 8 November 2021.