Work for us
Communications and Administration Assistant
Closing date: December 7, 2020 at 12:00
Anticipated week of interview: 11th January 2021
We’re looking for an enthusiastic person with professional social media experience and strong communication skills to contribute to the delivery of Close the Gap’s work. Committed to women’s labour market equality, you’ll provide administrative support, contributing to the effective running of the organisation. You’ll also be working within our small, busy team to assist with the development of communications, events and publications.
Hours: 28 hours per week
Salary: £17,138 (FTE £21,423)
Pension: 10% employer contribution
Location: 166 Buchanan Street, Glasgow, G1 2LW (homeworking while Covid-19 lockdown measures are in place)
Responsible to: Policy Manager
The post is fixed term, funded until 30 September 2021, with potential extension depending on funding.
Close the Gap values diversity in our workforce, and encourage applications from all sectors of the community. Flexible working options are available for this role.
To co-ordinate Close the Gap social media channels and websites, and support wider communications work. To contribute to the work of Close the Gap by providing administrative support.
- Co-ordinating the Close the Gap websites and social media channels;
- Developing Close the Gap’s profile on LinkedIn to build networks with the business community and other stakeholders, and share information about our tools and resources;
- Identifying opportunities to profile Close the Gap’s work to new and existing audiences;
- Undertaking administration tasks such as organising meetings, office procurement, minute taking, and other administration tasks as required.
- Diary management for the Executive Director;
- Supporting the planning and delivery of events;
- Assisting with the development of publications and digital outputs; and
- Working closely with Close the Gap colleagues, contributing to work that will advance women’s labour market equality.
- Commitment to women’s labour market equality.
- Experience of using social media in a professional capacity, including LinkedIn.
- Administration experience including meeting organising, minute taking and diary management.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to plan, manage and prioritise workload while meeting deadlines.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write for a range of audiences.
- Proficient ICT skills with the ability to use Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office software.
- Experience of planning and delivering events.
- Ability to work on own initiative, requiring minimal supervision.
- Ability to work within a small team.
- Knowledge of business community networks
- Experience of web editing, including CMS systems
- Experience of marketing
- Experience of social media analytics
- Experience of using Adobe Acrobat DC
The deadline for applications is 12pm Monday 7 December 2020.
You will be notified by Tuesday 22 December 2020 if you have been selected for interview.
It is anticipated that the interviews will take place remotely during the week commencing Monday 11 January 2021.