RECRUITMENT-Close the Gap
Close the Gap Project – Development Officer – 34 hours
(Fixed Term to 31 March 2016)
The STUC, the body that represents unions in Scotland, is seeking to recruit a Development Officer for Close the Gap, a partnership project with core funding from the Scottish Government. Close the Gap works with employers, economic development agencies, and trade unions to develop and implement strategies to close the pay gap between women and men.
The Development Officer will:
- Work with all Close the Gap partners towards achievement of the project objectives as agreed in the workplan.
- Work to raise awareness of equal pay issues within specific occupational and industrial sectors, providing advice and guidance to stakeholders within the sectors.
- Research and provide gender disaggregated labour market intelligence to stakeholders.
- Build on Close the Gap’s activity with stakeholders in promoting and distributing awareness-raising materials and tools to redress gender inequalities; facilitating training and awareness raising events; and liaising with employers, trade unions, policy makers and others.
- Contribute to the development and dissemination of publications and promotional materials.
- Produce content for the Close the Gap website.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12pm Monday 8 September 2014.
Interviews are likely to take place on 16 September 2014.
The STUC welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people and aims to employ a diverse workforce that reflects the people of Scotland